Sunday 26 January 2014

Makeup | My Current Beauty Wants

Hi everyone!

Today has been a bit of a lazy day sat in bed and watching films, however I couldn't help but browse online for products that I'd love to try out. Being a student however, means the likelihood of being able to afford these products is slim, I can dream though.. right?



Anyone who has tried these products out, PLEASE comment and tell me what you think of them, I'd be really interested to know your thoughts. Also if you know of products similar to these which are cheaper, please let me know as the majority these products are quite expensive.

1) Mac's Mineralize Skin Finish - £22.00
My skin type is oily, so when I apply powder I find after a few hours my face becomes really shiny. I've read good reviews for this product and that it is long lasting and mattifies the face.

2) Barry M's Gelly Hi-Shine in Guava - £3.99
I've always been impressed by the Gelly Hi-Shines, personally I think Barry M is one of the better brands for nail varnish in terms of the formula and how long it lasts for, in particular the Gelly Hi-Shines. It applies opaque so only one or two coats need to be applied in order to achieve the desired effect . They also come in a wide range of colours. I currently own Lychee, Prickly Pear and Blueberry, all such pretty shades! The collection is affordable which is always a bonus.

3) Nars' Laguna Bronzer - £26.00
This product is definitely on the steeper side in terms of price, it's almost unjustifiable for me to buy it. However I've heard such good reviews, so I'm confused to whether or not its worth the price! It's such a pretty colour and claims to give a subtle glow with its golden shimmer.

4) Mac's Soft & Gentle Highlighter - £22.00
I've recently seen this product on one of Sprinkle of Glitter's videos and I fell in love. It's such a beautiful shade, a peachy bronze colour. It looks like the perfect highlighter!

5) Mac's Studio Finish Concealer - £15.00
I've heard great reviews for this product, it seems the Studio finish line provides full coverage so this product would be perfect for any blemishes or under eye circles. Saying this I don't think I could justify spending £15 on this concealer as the concealer by Collection I think is just as good but it's a fraction of the price.

6) Benefit's They're Real Mascara - £19.50 
My friend Amy recomended this mascara to me and showed me the effect it gave. Although she already had long lashes there was a clear difference once she had applied it. Her lashes looked so nice after. Although this mascara is quite expensive I think that it would definitely be worth trying out!

7) Urban Decay's Naked 2 palette - £37.00
I know I know.. £37.00, but it is SO worth it, I once had this palette but sadly lost it. I have been dying to get my hands on another but they are so popular and are usually always sold out in most places. The palette has the most gorgeous neutral shades, three matte, the rest shimmer. You can create both daytime and night time looks from this palette and every colour is so wearable.

8) Benefit's POREfessional Primer - £24.50
I've heard way too many good reviews for this product and how it makes a big difference when applying makeup! Being voted the UK's best selling primer how could I ignore this product?!

9) Sleek's Blush Palette in Californ.i.a- £9.99
I've always loved sleek's blushes, but the fact you get three blushes for just under £10 I think it is a bargain. They are great quality and surprisingly have good pigmentation. I've read these cream blushers are easy to blend and last a long time on the skin. The three colours in the palette are; Newport Peach, The Surf and OC. Newport beach is an orange toned coral, The Surf is a pale peach with a golden shimmer and the OC is a pink toned coral.

What are your current beauty wants?

Eikc.

1 comment:

  1. I hight recommend Mac powder, I have never found a powder that sets my foundation so well. I also want Mac Soft and Gentle and Nars Laguna. We better get saving. Keep your eye out of dupes.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete