Wednesday 19 February 2014

Issues | Sexual harassment when going clubbing.

Hi Everyone!

Something which infuriates me is the sexual harassment that women receive when they go clubbing. This definitely has had an effect on my experience towards clubbing, especially when I'm out with just my girl friends.

I'm sure this will sound familiar to many of you.. groping of the arse? sweaty men grinding against you? What angers me the most is that it seems people see it as being socially acceptable? Nothing is done about it and it's seen as the norm. I sometimes feel put off going completely as I feel I have to constantly try and avoid these men which almost ruins my night especially when I've come out to have fun and dance not to 'pull'.

It repulses me that there are men taking advantage of women in clubs, especially when they're drunk and at their most vulnerable state. Why is this seen as acceptable? Without consent given, it is seen as sexual harassment and goes against an individual's human rights. Just because a male is drunk themselves and has strong sexual feelings does not give them the right to harass others.

Another aspect which annoys me is the concept that some men possess, that women wearing short and tight clothing are asking for it?

This YouTube clip demonstrates that; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AewZdSvJPPA

Women have every right to wear whatever they want, they've obviously picked what ever they're wearing because they feel comfortable in it and it makes them feel good. This harassment literally takes this away from a woman. Women AREN'T a piece of meat.

In reality these type of  'lads' aren't going to get any action, it's clear how disgusting they are and that they're only looking for one thing.

What are your opinions?

Eikc.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, great post! The idea of this makes me angry too. Just wanted to let you know I nominated you for a Liebster award :)

    blushandfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete